EOY submission for cross district errors due to MDE on June 4thth, this is not a mandatory submission however is used for Statewide report updates, Special Ed billing, and Direct certification for 2020.
EOY submission for cross district errors due to Region 1 on June 18th, this is a not a mandatory submission, however will update your ADM reports.
EOY submission for cross district errors due to MDE on June 24th, this is a not a mandatory submission.
Monthly To-Do List (June)
- Please review End of Year (EOY) Checkoff List located on MDE here.
- MARSS 08-Error report- Check to ensure all students are error free-EOY 19/20
- Review MARSS 15 ADM Served Report and MARSS 29 Low ADM Report.
- Have your Special Ed Director review your MARSS 23 report.
- Verify your Date Overlaps and End Codes to ensure that each student is reported correctly for EOY.
- Review the MARSS 30 Error Report (Statewide Report)
Things to Know
- Ed-Fi Update
- The Ed-Fi Technical Webinar 4 is on June 24th @ 10:00 am. This is districts onboarding in 20/21.
- There are new data elements that will need to be reported. Every district can start collecting and entering this information.
- Districts that are on boarding this year watch for an email from MDE about upcoming webinars.
- MDE will continue to host their monthly webinar series called the Data SIG, next webinar is scheduled for June 25th @ 2:30PM. These webinars will first focus on MDE’s transition from collecting student data via MARSS WES and the Student Support Data Collections (SSDC) to both the more detailed Ancestry Ethnicity Origin form titled Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form (to be used in FY 2019-20) as well as the new data collection technology called Ed-Fi. Refer to the MARSS memo dated August 20, 2018, for the description of Ed-Fi. More information on Programs and Initiatives can be found at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/fam/count/ or information on Business and Finance at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/count/ finally to stay informed or ask questions. You can register for the Data SIG here.
- Information from MDE regarding the collection of the Ancestry data
- If a school district is not on-boarding until 20-21, they can certainly wait until they begin to collect enrollment for that school year OR roll out the form next year (19-20) and begin inputting this new data. Thus leaving 20-21 (their on-board year) – to focus on the on-boarding of Ed-Fi. The choice is up to them!
- Also, please note the ancestry forms should be filed somewhere where it can be retrieved if the family wants to see a copy and/or update it or if the data would be audited by MDE. The cumulative folder would be fine. The form should be available for audit by MDE for at least three years after the student graduates or leaves the district, whichever is later.
- MDE will host a webinar for the 20/21 districts on June 24th
- MDE has released the most recent ADM Timelines for Student Data for the Calendar Year 2019 (3/14/19) which can be found at link provided below: https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/schfin/MARSS/adm/
**Update on Carl Perkins and MCCC Reporting-
We are currently working with Edupoint to update all extracts to meet MDE’s changes to the new database and with the 19/20 updates. We will notify all districts as soon as the update is available and you are able to run these reports.
**Update on Distance Learning during COVID 19 is available on MDE located here.