Used for September 30 FY 2022 entitlements; Special Education Tuition billing
Thursday, August 25th: Files due to RMIC
Thursday, September 1st: Files due to MDE
Fall reporting is now open
Thursday, September 15th: Files due to RMIC - MANDATORY
Thursday, September 22nd: Files due to MDE – MANDATORY
*** Does Region 1 submit your files to MDE? If so, we recommend posting them to the MARSS file sharing portal with an ample amount of time to submit them to MDE by the deadline. As Region 1 supports many districts in this capacity, this will allow time for your district's files to not only be edited and submitted, but also accommodate for any unforeseen issues or necessary last minute changes.***
- Reporting Year 2021-22 opens Monday, April 4, 2022 and will close Friday, December 9, 2022.
- Documentation on how to report Direct Pay PSEO courses is now available and posted on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting.
- MCCC is currently being programmed to report through Ed-Fi. There will be another year of piloting and it won’t be reported by all districts via Ed-Fi until 23/24.
Things to Know
- The MARSS Annual Update Webinar is now posted in 2 locations: on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting, and on the Region 1 website for those who don’t use Synergy. It can be found here.
- Region 1 will update Synergy to reflect the new MARSS changes over the summer.
- New MARSS Coordinators should keep an eye on the MDE Calendar for future MARSS trainings. This includes beneficial MARSS 101 trainings.
- Key & Secrets for the 22/23 school year will be sent out by MDE the first week of August. Synergy districts should send them to Becky as soon as possible to get your district setup in time for Fall reporting to open. Please send them no later than September 1st. Please note that if sent after this date, there is no guarantee that you will be setup in time for the first Fall submission.
- Becky will be hosting an Ed-Fi in Synergy webinar on August 30th @ 10:00 am. The recording will posted in the Synergy Help screen once available.
- You will now start seeing new MCCC elements for Ed-Fi. MDE is not doing any validations at this time.
- When working on your comparison report be sure to do a MARSS upload so you have current data to work with. If Region 1 uploads your files, please email email@example.com and let us know when your files are on the FTP site. If you let us know that they are for your comparison report, no release will need to be signed. That being said, please make sure you submit clean files before the deadline, or MDE will take previous uploads. There is no way for us to tell MDE that one upload is for comparison, and one upload is for the deadline.
- If you are needing assistance with how to run a comparison report, or how to run your Ed-Fi data through MARSS WES please reach out to Tara Chapa. She has been hosting one-on-ones with districts to go through these processes.