Used for: August 30 FY 2022 entitlements; Special Education tuition billing; September 30 FY 2022 Early Childhood Screening Aid.
Thursday, July 21st: Files due to RMIC
Thursday, July 28th: Files due to MDE
- Reporting Year 2021-22 opens Monday, April 4, 2022 and will close Friday, December 9, 2022.
- Documentation on how to report Direct Pay PSEO courses is now available and posted on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting.
- MCCC is currently being programmed to report through Ed-Fi. There will be another year of piloting and it won’t be reported by all districts via Ed-Fi until 23/24.
- Early Education Enrollment is due for Synergy users August 15th.
Things to Know
- The MARSS Annual Update Webinar is now posted in 2 locations: on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting, and on the Region 1 website for those who don’t use Synergy. It can be found here.
- Region 1 will update Synergy to reflect the new MARSS changes over the summer.
- New MARSS Coordinators should keep an on the MDE Calendar for MARSS trainings. There should be a MARSS 101 training in August before school starts, no dates have been set at this time.
- Ed-Fi Update
- The April 5th Ed-Fi webinar hosted by Becky is now posted on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting > Minnesota > Ed-Fi in Synergy webinar. You will also find new Ed-Fi documents posted in the same area.
- You will now start seeing new MCCC elements for Ed-Fi. MDE is not doing any validations at this time.
- When working on your comparison report be sure to do a MARSS upload so you have current data to work with. If Region 1 uploads your files, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know when your files are on the FTP site. If you let us know that they are for your comparison report, no release will need to be signed. That being said, please make sure you submit clean files before the deadline, or MDE will take previous uploads. There is no way for us to tell MDE that one upload is for comparison, and one upload is for the deadline.
- Early Education is now a part of Ed-Fi; use the Childhood Program Participation screen to enter this information. For instructions on how to enter it, watch the “Ed-Fi in Synergy” Training webinar posted on the Help screen under State Reporting > Minnesota > Ed-Fi Synergy Webinar. The deadline for Early Education Enrollment reporting has been extended to August 15th for Synergy users
- If you are needing assistance with how to run a comparison report, or how to run your Ed-Fi data through MARSS WES please reach out to Tara Chapa. She has been hosting one-on-ones with districts to go through these processes.