FINAL FALL Submission
**No changes can be made after this date and there is no appeal process for FALL data.**
Thursday, December 29th: Files due to RMIC
Thursday, January 5th: Files due to MDE
MARSS for EOY opens January 11th.
*** Does Region 1 submit your files to MDE? If so, we recommend posting them to the MARSS file sharing portal with an ample amount of time to submit them to MDE by the deadline. As Region 1 supports many districts in this capacity, this will allow time for your district's files to not only be edited and submitted, but also accommodate for any unforeseen issues or necessary last minute changes.***
- MCCC for the 21/22 school year has now closed, it was due December 9th.
- When helping districts finalize their MCCC reporting this year we noticed that the Direct Pay PSEO courses were not getting posted or manually entered into Student Course History completely.
- We recommend making your Direct Pay PSEO sections “Include in Grading” and then manually entering in grades to Student Grade.
- When Update Student Course History is run all of the needed College information will be transferred to Student Course History correctly.
- One thing you will need to do is set the college where the course was taken. When posted to Student Course History it will show that they were taken at the High School.
- Documentation on how to report Direct Pay PSEO courses is now available and posted on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting.
- MCCC is currently being programmed to report through Ed-Fi. There will be another year of piloting and districts will not be required to report via Ed-Fi until 23/24 data is due in December 2024.
Things to Know
- The MARSS Annual Update Webinar is now posted in 2 locations: the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting, and on the Region 1 website here.
- MDE has some upcoming trainings that might be beneficial to attend, check the MDE calendar to find the registration information.
- If you have not done so already, we highly recommend signing up to receive the Ed-Fi Newsletter. You can do so by going to the MDE Website and clicking on “Subscribe to the Ed-Fi Updates newsletter” found at the top.
- MDE is allowing districts to dual report for the 23/34 school year, there is no need to reach out to MDE if you would like to do so.
- The Ed-Fi training webinar is now posted on the Help screen. It can be found under State Reporting > Ed-Fi > Ed-Fi in Synergy Webinar.
- When working on your comparison report be sure to do a MARSS upload so you have current data to work with. If Region 1 uploads your files, please email email@example.com and let us know when your files are on the FTP site. If you let us know that they are for your comparison report, no release will need to be signed. That being said, please make sure you submit clean files before the deadline, or MDE will take previous uploads. There is no way for us to tell MDE that one upload is for comparison, and one upload is for the deadline.
- If you are needing assistance with how to run a comparison report or how to run your Ed-Fi data through MARSS WES please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org . She has been hosting one-on-ones with districts to go through these processes.