Last month we talked about reporting your courses and staff files. Now it is time to talk about getting your students file generated and reported.
1. Compare the marks that you use in your grades HK-12. If they are not in the list shown below then you will need to crosswalk them to a valid value from the list below.
A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F, P, PN, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, WP, WF, I
Descriptions for the marks that are not A-D are:
2. Use the Lookup Table Definition view for the cross walking of your marks to a mark in the list: K12.GradeInfo.Setup-Mark Mapping. Below is our example:
The code is your mark along with the description, the MDE code appears in the State Code column.
3. Update student course history for grades HK-12. All marks have to go through the Student grade view to student course history to be included in the MCCC – Student extract.
4. Focus to the district and using the State Extract view, extract your Student file 1 school at a time is our recommendation.
5. Upload your file to MDE and if you have errors, correct them and repeat the process. No more errors- move on to the next school. No more schools- you are done.