If students are not appearing in PearsonAccess Next for online testing or data entry, first verify the student’s information in Test WES under Precode Student Eligibility. Enter the student’s MARSS/SSID number to check for the following:
- If blank demographic fields appear after entering a student’s MARSS/SSID number, there is an issue with the student’s MARSS record. Work with your MARSS Coordinator to correct any issues and resubmit MARSS.
- Review the message in blue that appears above the table with the test eligibility information:
- If the message states that the student record is being sent for another district but the student should be testing in your district, you can manually “Add” the student to your district if needed.
- If the message states that the student is no longer enrolled based on the MARSS Status End Date, work with your MARSS Coordinator to ensure the enrollment is correct in MARSS. You can manually “Add” the student to your district if needed.
- If the message states that the student record has NOT yet been sent to Pearson or you recently made a change on the Precode Search and Edit page, the record will be sent to Pearson in the next precode file and will typically be available the next business day.
For further information, access the Test WES Precode User Guide (MDE website > Districts, Schools and Educators > Business and Finance > Data Submissions > Test WES).