MARSS EOY 2019 Files Due to R1:
Wed August 28th
MARSS EOY 2019 Files Due to MDE:
Wed September 4th
Monthly To-Do List (August)
- Review the MARSS 15 ADM Served Local Report. Make sure to share this report with all necessary individuals.
- Review the MARSS 30 Error Report (Statewide Report)-Review student ADM and that you do not have the warning that ‘No students 1.0 ADM’
- Make sure that all students were reported on the MARSS B File (MARSS 24 List of all Students)
- Ensure you have all of your SPED Service Hours recorded on your EOY file upload
Things to Know
- MDE will continue to host their monthly webinar series called the Data SIG. These webinars will first focus on MDE’s transition from collecting student data via MARSS WES and the Student Support Data Collections (SSDC) to both the more detailed Ancestry Ethnicity Origin form titled Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form (to be used in FY 2019-20) as well as the new data collection technology called Ed-Fi. Refer to the MARSS memo dated August 20, 2018, for the description of Ed-Fi. More information on Programs and Initiatives can be found at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/fam/count/ or information on Business and Finance at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/count/ finally to stay informed or ask questions. You can register for the Data SIG here.
- Information from MDE regarding the collection of the Ancestry data
- You can begin using the ancestry form now or wait until the 19-20 school year begins, it’s up to your district. MDE will not collect the data until your district is on-boarded with Ed-Fi, more specifically phase two and/or the staging environment of the certification process.
- If a school district is not on-boarding until 20-21, they can certainly wait until they begin to collect enrollment for that school year OR roll out the form next year (19-20) and begin inputting this new data. Thus leaving 20-21 (their on-board year) – to focus on the on-boarding of Ed-Fi. The choice is up to them!
- Also, please note the ancestry forms should be filed somewhere where it can be retrieved if the family wants to see a copy and/or update it or if the data would be audited by MDE. The cumulative folder would be fine. The form should be available for audit by MDE for at least three years after the student graduates or leaves the district, whichever is later.
- *Synergy Users*-We have auto-populated the new ethnicity fields within your Synergy Student Profile page.
- I have an Ed-Fi webinar for 19/20 onboarding districts setup for September 19th from 2-4pm. If you need information regarding this, please contact us at email@example.com
- MDE has released the most recent ADM Timelines for Student Data for the Calendar Year 2019 (3/14/19) which can be found at the link provided below: https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/schfin/MARSS/adm/
- I will be hosting a remote MARSS 101 informational training on Monday August 12th from 10am-12pm & 2-4pm. There will also be a new MARSS user webinar held on August 15th from 2-4pm. Information regarding this session was sent out in an email. If you did not receive this email and need to get registered, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have new staff who would like MARSS training, please email us at email@example.com and we will add them to our mailing list.