FINAL DATA DUE. Only electronic appeal Web Files will be accepted after this date.
Thursday, October 5th: Files due to RMIC
Thursday, October 12th: Files due to MDE
*Please try to get your files in by October 5th if you use Region to submit them. MARSS WES has been slow lately and getting them in the week prior gives us more time to ensure your files will be submitted on time.
Used to verify charter schools’ ADM projections.
Thursday, October 26th: Files due to RMIC
Thursday, November 2nd: Files due to MDE
- The next Ed-Fi in Synergy meeting hosted by MDE will be October 10th. The link for the meeting will be sent in an email closer to the date.
- There are new security roles in the EDVP this year. If you haven't already, please be sure to grant Becky access to all 4 roles, Digital Equity, Early Education, MARSS and MCCC.
- Grade level HK will no longer be used in MARSS reporting starting with Fall FY24 reporting. Districts should use KA-KJ with the exception of KH.
- In an effort to reduce the burden on users, the key & secret process was streamlined this year. Districts do NOT need to generate a key & secret for the 23/24 school year, last year's key will be used with the addition of "2024" added to the end. Becky has already set this up for your district.
- Synergy districts should have received an email from Becky in the Region 1 Student department regarding their Ed-Fi sync time. If you have not received this email, please contact her.
- Districts should no longer be using Year extensions to report their ESY, this is seen as a different school year in Ed-Fi. An ESY school should be created and MDE will issue a school number for them. Region 1 can assist you in creating those new schools in Synergy. If you have any questions, please reach out to Becky.
- Instructions on how to enter Student Support Data Collection (SSDC) data can be found on the Help screen under State Reporting> Ed-Fi> RAEL, SLIFE, Immigrant and Active Duty Parent in Ed-Fi.
- If you have not done so already, we highly recommend signing up to receive the Ed-Fi Newsletter. You can do so by going to the MDE Website and clicking on “Subscribe to the Ed-Fi Updates newsletter” found at the top.
- The Ed-Fi training webinar is now posted on the Help screen. It can be found under State Reporting > Ed-Fi > Ed-Fi in Synergy Webinar.
- When working on your comparison report be sure to do a MARSS upload so you have current data to work with. If Region 1 uploads your files, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know when your files are on the FTP site. If you let us know that they are for your comparison report, no release will need to be signed. That being said, please make sure you submit clean files before the deadline, or MDE will take previous uploads. There is no way for us to tell MDE that one upload is for comparison, and one upload is for the deadline.
- If you are needing assistance with how to run a comparison report or how to run your Ed-Fi data through MARSS WES please reach out to email@example.com . She has been hosting one-on-ones with districts to go through these processes.
- Now is a great time to work on MCCC before the start of the new school year when things tend to get busy.
- Final Birth-12 MCCC will close Friday, December 8, 2023.
- When helping districts finalize their MCCC reporting this year we noticed that the Direct Pay PSEO courses were not being posted or manually entered into Student Course History completely.
- We recommend making your Direct Pay PSEO sections “Include in Grading” and then manually entering in grades to Student Grade.
- When Update Student Course History is run all of the needed College information will be transferred to Student Course History correctly.
- One thing you will need to do is set the college where the course was taken. When posted to Student Course History it will show that they were taken at the High School.
- Documentation on how to report Direct Pay PSEO courses is now available and posted on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting.