EOY submission for ADM due to Region 1 on March 19th, this is a MANDATORY submission.
EOY submission for ADM due to MDE on March 25th, this is a MANDATORY submission.
**Please note that the ADM buckets are now turned on. Do not wait until last minute to work through your errors
Monthly To-Do List (March)
- Please review End of Year (EOY) Checkoff List located on MDE here.
- MARSS 08- Error report- Check to ensure all students are error free-EOY 19/20
- Review MARSS 15 ADM Served Report and MARSS 29 Low ADM Report.
- Have your Special Ed Director review your MARSS 23 report.
- If you are on-boarding for Ed-Fi in the 19/20 school year you may start populating the additional fields requested by MDE. There is a Power Point listed on the Region 1 site with full details.
Things to Know
- Ed-Fi Update
- Synergy is now certified!
- There are new data elements that will need to be reported.
- The week of 2/27, Region 1 will be working on the configuration files for each district to get them ready for staging.
- We will have a webinar on March 3rd at 1:00pm for the districts to help them with setup. We will also be going over the new data elements and where to enter this information. Watch your email for communications from Region 1 about the webinar.
- In preparation for the March 3rd webinar, you will need to get your ESCT Secret & Key for staging. Steps to get the Secret & Key are on the ESCT Webinar (III) Please make sure that you are focused to the district or you will only be sending up information for that particular school.
- 12/6/19, Ed-Fi Security Configuration Tool presentation, found here.
- MDE will continue to host their monthly webinar series called the Data SIG, next webinar is scheduled for March 26th at 1:30pm. These webinars will first focus on MDE’s transition from collecting student data via MARSS WES and the Student Support Data Collections (SSDC) to both the more detailed Ancestry Ethnicity Origin form titled Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form (to be used in FY 2019-20) as well as the new data collection technology called Ed-Fi. Refer to the MARSS memo dated August 20, 2018, for the description of Ed-Fi. More information on Programs and Initiatives can be found at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/fam/count/ or information on Business and Finance at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/count/ finally to stay informed or ask questions. You can register for the Data SIG here.
- Information from MDE regarding the collection of the Ancestry data (Ed-Fi)
- You can begin using the ancestry form now or wait until the 19-20 school year begins, it’s up to your district. MDE will not collect the data until your district is on-boarded with Ed-Fi, more specifically phase two and/or the staging environment of the certification process.
- If a school district is not on-boarding until 20-21, they can certainly wait until they begin to collect enrollment for that school year OR roll out the form next year (19-20) and begin inputting this new data. Thus leaving 20-21 (their on-board year) – to focus on the on-boarding of Ed-Fi. The choice is up to them!
- Also, please note the ancestry forms should be filed somewhere where it can be retrieved if the family wants to see a copy and/or update it or if the data would be audited by MDE. The cumulative folder would be fine. The form should be available for audit by MDE for at least three years after the student graduates or leaves the district, whichever is later.
- MDE has released the most recent ADM Timelines for Student Data for the Calendar Year 2019 (3/14/19) which can be found at link provided below: https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/schfin/MARSS/adm/
- Additional State Reporting Information:
- Minnesota Common Course Catalog- (MCCC 18/19) is due to MDE on March 13th (All grades, including Early Education)
- MCCC 19/20 will open for reporting on April 6th, 2020
- Civils Rights Data Collection (CRDC) reporting
- As of 2/27/2020 there is not a due date posted