Child Count, Compensatory Revenue, Verification of Charter School ADM Estimates
Thursday, December 7th: Files due to RMIC
Thursday, December 14th: Files due to MDE
No changes can be made after this date. There is no appeal process for Fall data.
Thursday, December 28th: Files due to RMIC
Thursday, January 4th: Files due to MDE.
** Region 1 will be closed December 25th - 26th for Christmas and December 29th and Jan 1st for New Years. Please keep this in mind as the Final Fall submission approaches. Files can be submitted prior to the December 28th for the final submission.
- The next Ed-Fi in Synergy meeting hosted by MDE will be December 12th @ 2:00 pm. The link for the meeting will be sent in an email closer to the date.
- Edupoint State Reporting call will be January 24th, 2024 @ 2:00 pm, the link for that call will also be sent in an email closer to the date. There will be NO meeting in December because of the Holidays. We highly recommend attending these meetings for updates on any tickets that involve state reporting.
- There are new security roles in the EDVP this year. If you haven't already, please be sure to grant Becky access to all 4 roles, Digital Equity, Early Education, MARSS and MCCC.
- Grade level HK will no longer be used in MARSS reporting starting with Fall FY24 reporting. Districts should use KA-KJ with the exception of KH.
- Instructions on how to enter Student Support Data Collection (SSDC) data can be found on the Help screen under State Reporting> Ed-Fi> RAEL, SLIFE, Immigrant and Active Duty Parent in Ed-Fi.
- If you have not done so already, we highly recommend signing up to receive the Ed-Fi Newsletter. You can do so by going to the MDE Website and clicking on “Subscribe to the Ed-Fi Updates newsletter” found at the top.
- The Ed-Fi training webinar is now posted on the Help screen. It can be found under State Reporting > Ed-Fi > Ed-Fi in Synergy Webinar.
- When working on your comparison report be sure to do a MARSS upload so you have current data to work with. If Region 1 uploads your files, please email email@example.com and let us know when your files are on the FTP site. If you let us know that they are for your comparison report, no release will need to be signed. That being said, please make sure you submit clean files before the deadline, or MDE will take previous uploads. There is no way for us to tell MDE that one upload is for comparison, and one upload is for the deadline.
- If you are needing assistance with how to run a comparison report or how to run your Ed-Fi data through MARSS WES please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kari Johnson has been hosting one-on-ones with districts to go through these processes.
- Now is a great time to work on MCCC before the start of the new school year when things tend to get busy.
- Final Birth-12 MCCC will close Friday, December 8, 2023.
- When helping districts finalize their MCCC reporting this year we noticed that the Direct Pay PSEO courses were not being posted or manually entered into Student Course History completely.
- We recommend making your Direct Pay PSEO sections “Include in Grading” and then manually entering in grades to Student Grade.
- When Update Student Course History is run all of the needed College information will be transferred to Student Course History correctly.
- One thing you will need to do is set the college where the course was taken. When posted to Student Course History it will show that they were taken at the High School.
- Documentation on how to report Direct Pay PSEO courses is now available and posted on the Synergy Help screen under State Reporting.