EOY: Used for September 30 FY 2021 entitlements; Special Education tuition billing.
Thurs August 12th- Optional, Statewide edit, New statewide reports will be posted
Thurs August 26th – Files due to RMIC
Wed September 1st – Files due to MDE.
MARSS Training for New MARSS Coordinators
Wednesday, August 25 & Thursday, August 26, 2021
Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) will be holding a free MARSS 101 Workshop for all new MARSS Coordinators hired within the last year.
This workshop is intended for “brand new” MARSS Coordinators and New Charter School Directors who are new to MARSS reporting. This workshop will familiarize attendees with the reporting aspect of MARSS and provide an understanding of how the data is used and how to verify data for accuracy. The MARSS A school file, MARSS B student file, fall local and statewide reports will be reviewed.
Please note that all attendees must attend both days. Presented by Marilynn Loehr. The workshop will be offered via WebEx. The WebEx will start promptly at 8:45 a.m. You must register no later than 3:00 pm on Monday, August 23, 2021.
The links to register are located at the MDE Calendar page.
Questions contact: email@example.com.
- There are currently a few bugs in the MCCC extracts; Karen Millette is aware of these and will help you submit if needed.
- MCCC 20/21 Final Birth – 12 will close Friday, December 10, 2021.
- Have questions about the MDE side of MCCC, or errors you can’t figure out? Contact Karen Millette at MDE: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools to help with MCCC errors can be found under the Tools and Supports on the MCCC page here.
- Reporting Year 2021-22 opens Monday, April 4, 2022 and will close Friday, December 9, 2022.
Monthly To-Do List (August)
- Check the MDE calendar for upcoming MARSS University trainings, or view any of their MARSS presentations on MDE here.
- Find a list of all MDE submission dates here. Please take note of these dates.
- Check the MARSS 08 Error report to ensure that all students are error free.
- Review the MARSS 30 Error Report (Statewide Report)
Things to Know
- Ed-Fi Onboarding Webinar 6 will be on September 15th @ 1:30pm. To register for this webinar, visit this link for the MDE Calendar: https://education.mn.gov/mde/about/cal/
- Fast Track to Onboarding webinar will be on September 14th @ 10:00am. To register for this webinar, visit this link for the MDE Calendar: https://education.mn.gov/mde/about/cal/
- Ed-Fi EOY Certification webinar will be on August 24th @ 11:30am. To register for this webinar, visit this link for the MDE Calendar: https://education.mn.gov/mde/about/cal/
- Becky will be hosting an Ed-Fi & Synergy training on August 24th @ 10:00am. She will be going over the new screens, data elements and where they are stored in Synergy. To verify that you're on our contact list to receive all Edi-Fi training notifications, please contact email@example.com.
- Please retrieve your 21/22 Staging key & secrets if you are onboarding this year, and email them to Becky as soon as you can.
- If you have any questions as to where you are in the process, please reach out to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital Equity training hosted by MDE is Wednesday August 11th @ 9:00am and Thursday September 23rd @ 9:00am. To register, visit this link for the MDE Calendar: https://education.mn.gov/mde/about/cal/
- MDE will continue to host their monthly webinar series called the Data SIG, next webinar is scheduled for Thursday September 16th @ 1:30 pm. These webinars will first focus on MDE’s transition from collecting student data via MARSS WES and the Student Support Data Collections (SSDC) to both the more detailed Ancestry Ethnicity Origin form titled Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form (to be used in FY 2019-20) as well as the new data collection technology called Ed-Fi. Refer to the MARSS memo dated August 20, 2018, for the description of Ed-Fi. More information on Programs and Initiatives can be found at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/fam/count/ or information on Business and Finance at https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/count/ finally to stay informed or ask questions. You can register for the Data SIG here.